Attorneys are held to ethical and legal standards of care. A lawyer who fails to meet those standards may be liable for legal malpractice. At George Brothers Kincaid & Horton LLP in Austin, Texas, our lawyers have earned a reputation as zealous litigators who represent individuals who have suffered harm from the misconduct of other lawyers.
The law regarding legal malpractice is difficult. An individual must show more than an unfavorable outcome. Our lawyers diligently review all of the details of each case we accept and rigorously prosecute the case in pursuit of the maximum recovery allowable on behalf of our clients.
Legal harm from the misconduct or negligence of an attorney may involve:
- The failure of an attorney to know the substantive law in a case
- Drafting errors in contracts, legal instruments or other documents
- Missing the statute of limitations due to a failure to act with due care
- Missing other deadlines to the harm of the client
- Intentional acts of misconduct in representing a client
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Failing to inform clients of settlement agreements
Austin, Texas, Legal Malpractice Litigation | George Brothers Kincaid & Horton LLP
If you believe that your attorney has failed to meet the standard of care in representing you, contact GBKH for a confidential consultation to discuss your situation. Call (512) 495-1400 or contact us online.